Library Contents Search the Library RV Tech Library Help Page Site Map About Us Tiffin RV Network TRVN Classifieds Campground Reviews Photo Gallery TRVN Store
Appliances Batteries Boondocking/Dry Camping Chassis Clubs & Forums Electrical Electronics Engines Exterior Maintenance Generators Heating & Air Conditioning Interior Maintenance Misc Items Operating Tips Plumbing Red Bay Safety & Health Storage Supplier Contacts Tires and Wheel Rims Towing Transmissions Weighing
Winterizing - 1996 Allegro Bus
The following winterizing procedure was submitted by Mike Segroves showing his procedure for winterizing his 1996 Allegro Bus.
1) Dump black and gray holding tanks.
2) Open fresh water drain petcock and allow tank to empty on the ground. This will not completely drain the fresh water tank but it will get low enough that any residue that freezes will not be enough to damage the tank. Once the flow stops completely, close the petcock.
3) Open low point drain petcocks and allow to empty on the ground. One petcock is for hot water and the other is for the cold water lines. Once the flow stops completely, close the petcocks.
4) Remove the false floor from the cabinet beneath the bathroom sink to gain access to the hot water tank bypass valve.
5) Close both the Hot (output to water heater) and Cold (input to water heater) water valves. Then open the hot water heater bypass valve.
6) Remove three screws from the fresh water fill panel to gain access to the water pump. Uncouple fresh water fill line from panel and insert into one gallon RV antifreeze container. (Crossroads RV has suggested that this process would be simplified by installing a T-joint with a cut-off valve, similar to the hot water heater bypass valve. This would allow you to introduce antifreeze to the system without disconnecting the fill line from the water pump.) Activate water pump and fill lines with antifreeze by turning on each faucet in turn. Don't forget the shower. You will probably need more than one gallon to take care of all the lines.
7) Close the hot water tank bypass valve and open hot and cold water valves. Replace the false floor in the cabinet.
8) Pour a small amount of antifreeze down the drains of the galley, bathroom, and shower to fill the catch basins.
9) You're done!
Submitted by Mike Segroves - 3/25/06
Absolutely No Affiliation exists between this group and Tiffin Motor Homes Inc or the Allegro Club. This website neither endorses or discourages the use or purchase of a Tiffin product. All references, suggestions, comments, etc. contained herein are the opinions/experiences of the posters and not those of Tiffin Motor Homes Inc. or the website administrators.